Pages

Monday, October 17, 2011

Nez Perce Creek pt. II







Nez Perce Creek, Yellowstone National Park
Nikon D7000, 12-24mm @22mm, ISO 200, f16
2011

One of the places I wanted to make a stop at while in Yellowstone National Park was the scene where I took my favorite image from last years trip (photo below). It's a very nondescript location right off the road along the Nez Perce Creek. I knew it was going to be difficult to replicate that magical moment from last year. This year it had snowed the night before, so I knew I would at least get a different look than before. 

I pull the original photo up on my phone and stood in the spot that I thought I took it in last year. I went back to my car to grab my camera and tripod. I set up the camera and framed my shot. Again, I wasn't thinking that the shot would turn out nearly as well as it did the previous year, but somehow it did in its own way. The colors weren't as dramatic, and the sky wasn't completely covered in clouds. I do like that its similar to the original,  the new one has snow, a different dramatic sky that tells the story of the weather on my 2011 trip. 
Maybe this spring I can get back out there and take a spring/summer photo!


 Original
Nez Perce Creek
Nikon D90, 12-24mm @22mm, ISO 200, f14
2010

1 comment: