Pages

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Photo of the Week! Ansel Adams I'm Not

Ansel Adams spot, Snake River, Grand Teton National Park
Nikon D90, Tokina 12-24mm @24mm, ISO 200, 1/6, HDR with Photomatix Pro

I recently went back through my photos from my Yellowstone/ Grand Teton trip last fall 2010 and found/processed this photo. Not sure how I missed it, but I'm sure glad I found it!!

One thing I will add is shooting at this location that Ansel Adams made famous is extremely intimidating. It's intimidating for the simple fact that most people/photographers will recognize this location as the "Ansel Adams" spot. When Chad and I were there shooting there was a handful of other photographers and I remember feeling that there is no way I can create something that hasn't already been done. With that said, I think that's why I passed it over so many times in the last year. I'm defiantly not saying that is as good as the Ansel Adams shot that's hanging in my living room, but it turned out to be one of my favorites from that trip.

Be sure to click in the photo to view it larger!

Or view it in my 500px gallery at 500px.com/derekgriggs

1 comment: