Pages

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Photo of the Day! Banff, Big Horn Sheep


Nikon D90, Nikkor 18-55 @ISO 200, 46mm, f/8, 1/500

These big horn sheep were photographed in Banff National Park near Lake Minnewanka. I was actually just being a tourist on my honeymoon when these two came walking up to the parking lot. There were lots of other tourists around many of which were very close to the animals. At 46mm I was close as well. That was when I got the thought that this might not be a good idea. I quickly backed away. This type of experience is one of the many things I love about Banff National Park.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful, great experience for anyone in that situation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It was indeed. I was amazed on how powerful they looked up close. Reminded me of their wildness...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You make so many great points here that I read your article a couple of times. Your views are in accordance with my own for the most part. This is great content for your readers. heli ski

    ReplyDelete