Pages

Friday, December 10, 2010

Challenge: Select a Favorite Photo from 2010

Split Rock Lighthouse, MN
2009 Favorite | Split Rock Lighthouse, MN

As we near the end of 2010, I believe its a good challenge to pick a favorite photo. Shown above is my favorite photo from 2009. I usually see this on various photo forums and websites where people post their 3 or 5 favorites. I want to take it a step further this year by selecting just one.

If your asking yourself why? I think it's a challenge for any photographer to pick just one image out of a library of thousands. If your anything like me I have several from the last 12 months that I believe are my best.

What I'm trying to get out of this challenge is to learn from my photography and see how it has grown or where it needs to go. To see if I have grown as a photographer I'm going to check on composition, exposure, sharpness and clarity.

I added many weapons to my photo arsenal this year such as: upgraded long lens, circular polizar, big sturdy tripod, using fill flash, Lightroom 3, and CS5. While these tools have indeed helped me they don't necessarily help in the field when I see something to shoot. Vision is something else that improves as I grow as a photographer. Vision is more important than any of tools I mentioned above. Without vision we don't have an photo in mind to create.

I challenge everyone to select a favorite photo from 2010 and share it with Facebook friends, Twitter followers, friends, family, and co-workers. Make your photography fans ask you why you have selected that image as your favorite.

With that said, I'm not going to share my favorite just yet! There is still time in 2010 for more great shooting opportunities. Good luck and happy shooting!

1 comment:

  1. I was thinking the other day about this. I accept this challenge. Will report back when I post it.

    Your pick is excellent. It is hard to find something unique of a photographic icon and found it.

    ReplyDelete